Glenwood Cemetery

Glenwood Cemetery was established in 1870.  A city purchase of 10 acres from the Benjamin W. Blake estate replaced the original slave cemetery known as “Georgia” established in 1818.  An application is in the works to recognize Glenwood Cemetery on the Historic National Register.  Funds will be used to include signage to highlight the historical significance of the cemetery and continue wrought iron fencing and stone columns along Hall Ave. for security and beauty.